Thursday, June 5, 2014

Get ready! Summer is coming soon!

I am so very excited for… Summer! All the sun, and all things hot, it'll be great! But here's a guide for how to survive the hot weather, the "Vacays" (Vacations), and keeping track of what your friends and family (Or your Framly from AT&T) are up to and when you can meet!

1. Go to Beds, Baths, and Beyond and buy a water sprayer! They have a fan and you can spritz water mist at your face. Great for hot weather at the park or beach! I have one and I just love to use it at camp or when I go to the park with my babysitter.

2. If you are going on vacation, I highly recommend going to a hotel that family or friends recommend. For example, if you are going to California and cannot find a hotel, ask a friend or a family member who has gone there what a good hotel would be. If none of your Framily has gone there, surf the internet to find a good hotel. Places like Google Reviews and The Top Tens have great reviews that have 99.9% legit reviews.

3. Going to camp? Have a kid going to camp? What you need to do is to lay off on sending letters. I know it sounds a bit cray-cray, but let them have fun and not stay in their cabins writing. Hey, take it from me. Staying active is great and playing is much more fun than sitting in a cabin. I am going to camp and I don't like writing back. In between lunch and the rest of our activities, we have time in the cabin. When our counselors say we have to write letters, I get kinda sad because I want to go play tetherball. So, if you do want to write letters, make them brief. According to the Today Show on NBC, they say that writing letters or emails should be 5 sentences maximum. If you do not want to consistently write letters, write your kid about 2-5 letters.

4. Stuck in the apartment playing video games (That's totally me)? Hungry but you have nothing interesting to eat? Well, here's what you have to do. You should call a friend, one who is nearby and also has no plans. Tell them how you really want to do something with them and go off and meet at the nearest bus stop or subway. Take some type of transportation to a cool and hip area like Williamsburg, and get some seafood! Seafood is a great food in the middle of the summer because it reminds you of the beach and all the summer types of things. Also, it tastes good! If there is a movie you want to see, you can take your friend to the movie. A good genre of movies in the summer is action!

5. Call one of your friends every week just to catch up on how they're doing. It's a nice thing to do and you can keep track of things. Like on 4, you can do an activity. But when you are alone in an NYC apartment and have no one to talk to, it is nice to video chat and call.

So let's get started! Go make your Summer To-Do List and have a great break! I'm gonna go get a glass of orange juice! Another good summer drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment